Resources related to U.S. export control laws and regulations that affect research and educational activities at Northeastern University.
Northeastern University engages in research and educational activities that may involve the development or use of products, goods, hardware, software, materials or technology that may be subject to U.S. export control laws and regulations. The U.S. government increasingly is focused on the compliance of universities with these laws and regulations. Northeastern is committed to complying with all applicable export controls, as established by the applicable federal regulations. It is critical that everyone in the Northeastern community understands the rules and complies with them fully. This web page is intended to be used by faculty, staff and students as a reference.
The three documents (in PDF format) outlined below provide additional information on the University’s stand on export controls and openness in research.
- Northeastern University Policy on Export Controls
- provides guidance on export control laws and responsibilities, and links to resources.
- Northeastern University Policy on Openness in Research
- expresses the University’s commitment to avoid research with restrictions on openness or academic freedom on campus.
- Northeastern Export Control Compliance Manual
If you have any questions regarding export controls or believe that export controls may apply to your research project please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a consultation.
Last Updated on December 21, 2020